Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Harrison Columbus Discovers A New World

Harrison and Jake are great brothers, but as any parent of multiple children will tell you, no two siblings are alike. 

Jake is sweet and gentle. Harrison is aggressive and rough. 

Jake is artistic. Harrison is technology savvy. 

Jake never played with himself unless he was "holding it" from going potty. Harrison has been playing with himself since he was an infant. Anytime his diaper was off, his hand went south. Sitting in the tub, he'd have one hand on himself and the other on a toy. He especially likes wearing underwear now because he can get a hold of it now whenever he wants it and its usually so often, I think he has to go potty all day and is "holding it" like Jake did. 

Nope. He just likes to make sure its still there.

Recently after a bath, though, he explored a little further into the Old World and discovered a New World. I dried him off in his bedroom and scrounged in his closet for jammies. Then I knelt down to help him get dressed. He was squeezing and twisting and moving his junk around so much and then began to look up at the ceiling in deep thought. "Mama, this is my penis," Harrison reminds me. "Yes, buddy, that is your penis," I say to enforce that I heard him correctly. Still looking up at the ceiling he says, "Mama, there's um, there's BALLS in there!" "Yes," I say through giggles, "there ARE balls in there. Now go tell Daddy what you found. I think he would like to know about your discovery."

No comments: