Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I'm Rich Bee-ach

I finally got around to rolling over my 401k into an IRA rollover yesterday at Fidelity. It was easy as pie, but once it moves it'll be sitting in money market until I do something with it.

My measly account balance is not going to turn into $5 million sitting in money market for 40 years, so here's where I need your help. I know there are people out there reading my blog who know something about this topic, so I appeal to you, my free financial advisers, to send me some sweet stock tips.

Obviously, I'm out for growth. I'm still in my twenties and have a long way to go so I can ride out the ups and downs without freaking out too much. And I'm not afraid of actual stocks. Honestly, I don't really want mutual funds. Those are boring and can be expensive and I don't want to be locked into keeping them for like five years without paying a huge back end load.

So, there's my situation. Now, make me rich bee-ach!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

C- I would suggest: Broad Based Energy (XLE), Oil Service (OIH), Industrial Materials (XLB), Broad Based China ETFs (PGJ), Aerospace/Defense (PPA) and US multinationals with foreign (specifically China) consumer exposure- McDonalds, Procter & Gamble, etc. Anything related to the industrialiation and development of a middle class in China has been ripping and will continue to do so. If you want to get frisky, you might even consider some commodity ETFs- Crude (USO), Nat Gas (USG), Gold (GLD), and of course Deutsche Banks Aggie ETF (Corn, Wheat, Beans) (DBA).