Thursday, August 09, 2007

What's Wrong With Boys?

I would say about twice a week now I run into someone who, in casual conversation, asks me if I'm going to try to have a girl.

Heaven help the next person who asks me that question.

I am perfectly happy, no, let me say, thrilled, with having two boys. Here's my list, as if I have to justify my feelings on the subject:

  1. I am not a girlie girl to begin with.
  2. I don't have to pretend to be a lady and set a good example for how my daughter should behave.
  3. I can burb and fart, even at the dinner table, and not get mad when the boys do.
  4. Boys are cheaper.
  5. Boys don't have to be dressed in shoes that match their shorts that match their hair bows that match their earrings, etc.
  6. Two boys can share toys and clothes.
  7. Boys aren't as emotional (usually).
  8. I'm a pretty hard disciplinarian. Don't know how a girl would handle that.
  9. Boys can share a room and the bath tub.
  10. I can only tolerate pink in very small quantities.
  11. I don't like to do my own hair, let alone a little girl's. Sometimes I don't brush the boys' hair for days and you'd never know.
  12. I would rather play cars, dinosaurs and rough house any day of the week than play ponies, barbies or house.
I'm sure I'll come up with more reasons later and maybe then I'll add to the list, but for now, I think this will do. I love having boys. They suit my personality better and they are great brothers. Wouldn't trade them or add to them for a thing.

No comments: