Heaven help the next person who asks me that question.
I am perfectly happy, no, let me say, thrilled, with having two boys. Here's my list, as if I have to justify my feelings on the subject:
- I am not a girlie girl to begin with.
- I don't have to pretend to be a lady and set a good example for how my daughter should behave.
- I can burb and fart, even at the dinner table, and not get mad when the boys do.
- Boys are cheaper.
- Boys don't have to be dressed in shoes that match their shorts that match their hair bows that match their earrings, etc.
- Two boys can share toys and clothes.
- Boys aren't as emotional (usually).
- I'm a pretty hard disciplinarian. Don't know how a girl would handle that.
- Boys can share a room and the bath tub.
- I can only tolerate pink in very small quantities.
- I don't like to do my own hair, let alone a little girl's. Sometimes I don't brush the boys' hair for days and you'd never know.
- I would rather play cars, dinosaurs and rough house any day of the week than play ponies, barbies or house.