Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Ok, so I checked out my neighbor's family blog and I thought to myself, "this is pretty cool and my family is pretty cool, so it would be pretty cool to have my own blog." Now, I'm well aware that I'll probably really be the only person to ever read my blog and that's ok. I'm prepared for that fact.

BUT, JUST IN CASE someone else sees it, probably by accident, I'll try to keep it interesting and more than just boring crap about my kids.

I'm actually pretty sorry I didn't have this thing two years ago, because the drama in my family was definitely worth sharing. Maybe if I get brave enough and hit a case of "typer's block" I will share the saga that was the Lawrence Family Holiday Season 2003. I say "brave enough" because the main character in that saga is crazy. Really she is - she has taken lithium for it. Did I just sound like I'm from the streets? Did that pass for street terminology? I really don't know what I'm talking about here, but I do know she IS CRAZY and would probably drive by my house throwing bricks through my house windows with psycho notes attached to them. So, have I peaked your interest? Another story for another day. I'll share sometime. We're heading into the holiday season (my favorite time of the year) and I would like to keep things upbeat.

I'll try to satisfy your hunger for emotional dirt at a later date.

In the meantime, let me introduce you to the stars of my family. Jason is my husband, a longhorn and the best father in the world to our two sons, Jake and Harrison. Jake is 4, was born hours before 9/11 and based on that fact you might think he was destined for disaster, but he is actually very sweet and sensitive (more like Daddy). Harrison will be 1 in exactly two weeks and he is tough, aggressive, loud and independent (more like Mommy). I am Cori, an aggie and the manager of this brood. I love my family more than anything and although I work full time and go to graduate school, my real priority is to make sure my sons grow up to be honest, hard working, dependable members of society (and get rich so they can let me retire early).

I will upload pictures when I can, but rarely will you ever see pictures of me since 99.99999999% of the time I am holding the camera.

For those of you who made it to the bottom of my post, aren't you now wondering where have I been all of your life? Well, don't wallow in the past, but hold my hand and stay with me through the future. You will be rewarded greatly for basking in my ambiance........

2 comments:

jonelle said...

ooh!ooh! (imagine over eager student thrusting her hand in the air) i know who's on lithium! :) ha, ha! glad to see you're giving this a try too! cool way to archive/reflect/share, huh? thanks for being a contributing photographer for mine...you and i are in the same "always behind the camera because no one else will think to do it too" boat! looking forward to visiting! :)

Melinda said...

I've been blogging for almost a year, and I think it's brilliant! Now I get in trouble with my friends for not blogging enough because they want to see what I'll come up with next. I'm sure you'll be the same. :-)